UPDATE: SlideFab 2 is now available with groundbreaking changes. The text below is deprecated.
The latest version of SlydMkr contains a couple of new functions to improve user experience and to create even better slides and presentations. One really cool new feature is to create sections in the output presentation which improves readability and browsing in the slide sorter view. For example when creating fact based negotiation decks by suppliers then there will be a section for each supplier (cf. screenshot for illustration). A new auto-update functions help to keep SlydMkr up-to-date without having to download and install the latest version manually.
This new version contains also some bug fixes and improvements to robustness.
What's new in SlydMkr 1.7
- The update check was removed in favor of an auto update function which can download and install the most recent SlydMkr version from the homepage
- An option was added to create sections in the output presentation either by variant name or slide template name
- Slide making stats will be shown after completion giving feedback on how much time the Excel models takes to calculate in comparison to the slide making time (lower Excel calculation times are better)
- Added estimation of time left for the slide making process
Bugfixes / Improvements:
- Improved the handling of all reference edit controls (e.g. for selecting model base range or variants range)
- Fixed a bug which led to tables having an incorrect size when file decomposition was enabled
- Fixed an error when duplicating slides that the reference name and id to the Powerpoint slide got lost
- Improved a bug which disabled automatic version check permanently
- Some further fixes and enhancements to increase overall robustness (also when using think-cell)