What it does
SlideFab will copy a shape from Excel to PowerPoint as picture. The interesting part here is how this shape is addressed. It is not hard-wired. Instead its address consisting of the sheet name and shape name will be used. Consequently, the selection of shapes can be dynamic when its address is calculated through a formula.
Additionally, it is possible to use the resizing and alignment features of SlideFab. It is possible to keep the aspect ratio, fit it to the target shape and to tie it vertically/horizontally to the target shape height/width. If it is not fitted to the target shape, then it can be horizontally and vertically aligned to the edges of the target shape.
What it expects from Excel
In Excel the shape address needs to be put into a cell and linked as Excel Source Range. The Address has the format of ‘Sheet Name’!Chart Name.
SlideFab 2 Manual Outline
- Think twice before coding VBA from Excel to PowerPoint
- Quickstart to SlideFab 2
- How SlideFab 2 works
- Requirements for SlideFab 2
- The SlideFab 2 ribbon
- Linking PowerPoint presentations with Excel workbooks
- The Iteration Loop tab
- The Slide Linking tab
- The Advanced settings tab
- The Logical Audit tab
- Making slides
- General Preferences
- Creating think-cell charts with SlideFab 2 automatically
- Invoking slide automation from your own code using VBA and the SlideFab 2 API
- Best practice