SlideFab 2 v1.5 comes with the great new feature to automate Excel-to-Powerpoint linked charts. This is a great addition to the existing SlideFab 2 features which can copy charts from Excel to Powerpoint as image and to update the data in Powerpoint charts. Of course, this feature is also supported in the all free SlideFab 2 lite edition.
MINOR UPDATE 10th January, 2019: A new installer was made available as the old SSL certificate had expired.
SlideFab 2 v 1.4 is an edition update which introduces an all new and totally free SlideFab 2 lite version. The idea of this lite version is to democratize Excel to Powerpoint automation: Power to the User! It offers all features of the full SlideFab 2 versions flex and saver. The lite version can be used to automate two shapes per slide, which will cover essential tasks, e.g. setting slide headline and some content automatically. This content can be a chart, an image, a table or even something else. With this lite version dozens, hundreds or even thousands of slides can be fabricated automatically.
SlideFab 2 v1.3 is a bugfix update addressing a recent issue with the license server authentication:
SlideFab 2 v1.2 is a minor update introducing a few new features, improvements and bugfixes.
I am very proud to announce the all new SlideFab 2. Simply the most powerful Powerpoint automation tool ever built.
Based on the experience from SlideFab 1 the new version was redesigned and rebuilt from scratch. SlideFab 2 brings the user experience to a completely new level. Not only does SlideFab 2 come with a new interface, it also introduces a unique and much simpler user process to automatically create Powerpoint presentations based on Excel workbooks.
UPDATE: SlideFab 2 is now available with groundbreaking changes. The text below is deprecated.
SlideFab v1.10 is a minor update bringing a couple of bugfixes and improvements. Most notably, SlideFab is now capable of making slides and whole presentations from a worksheet directly without opening the SlideFab window. Therefor a named range "SlideFab_X" needs to be created for a given Excel cell where X is the number of the Xth embedded setting. Now, when double-clicking this cell, SlideFab will run according to embedded setting number X. On top of this a few bugs were fixed and some aspects were improved. This makes an upgrade to SlideFab v1.10 highly recommendable.
The following lists give an overview of the novelties and bugfixes since version 1.9.
What's new in SlideFab 1.10
- Making slides directly from a worksheet via double click a cell with a named range such as "SlideFab_X" where X is a number of an embedded setting
- Removed a false error message when auto-fitting text to shape seemed not to work after shape was deleted due to condition
- Fixed a bug where conditional formats in a table were not updated properly
- Handled an issue when embedded savings were stored in the workbook but could not get read anymore
- Resolved a problem when exporting to Powerpoint chart did not work when it was linked to Excel. Now there is a warning instead
- Tweaked the positioning of the worksheet view when clicking into a range selector textbox (e.g. for shape source range). Now the chosen range is centered instead of being focused in the upper left area of the visible range
- Improved slide and shape renaming with a new message within the SlideFab Powerpoint add-in