UPDATE: SlideFab 2 is now available with groundbreaking changes. The text below is deprecated.
This brand new version 1.8 of SlideFab (formerly "SlydMkr") brings numerous novelties and innovations. A huge impact has a conceptual breakthrough in the model base / variants logic: Slide loops which can be found in the slide template edit window.
So far SlideFab was able to create one slide per slide template and variant combination. Now, SlideFab is able to create an arbitrary number of slides per slide template / variant combination. This is tremendously helpful when one slide template is just not enough to cover all content. And even better: Depending on the requirements of each variant the number of loops can be defined using formulas (e.g. when variants are categories and each category contains multiple sub categories. Now, every sub category needs to be put on a separate slide. Then slide loops allow it to flexibly determine the category-specific number of slides based on a simple count function.).
On top this SlideFab v1.8 contains an improved and redesigned reference editor which is key for most worksheet interactions.
Apart from the already existing resize mode (1st button), the named range selector (2nd button), the table / column picker (3rd button) it now contains the possibility to select fields from pivot tables.
The selection windows for named ranges, table / columns and pivot fields now contains a text-based filter. This improves handling of SlideFab when working with richer Excel files.
The following lists give an overview of the novelties and bugfixes since version 1.7.
What's new in SlideFab 1.8
- Added loops to slide templates (see explanation above)
- Remade the named range and table/column picker windows which now contain filtering features
- Added the option to reference pivot table fields for the variants list directly
- Import Handling has now the feature to remove orphaned shapes (shapes which exist in SlideFab but not in the PPT template anymore)
- When focussing the entry field of the range picker, SlideFab will automatically activate the appropriate sheet and select this range in Excel
- When opening up template file a progress bar will show how long it still takes
- SlideFab is now able to delete existing shapes, tables, etc. from a slide when the shape condition evaluates to false (instead of just ignoring it)
- For creating think-cell charts SlideFab can now handle transposed source ranges
- Added option to remove think-cell tags from shapes in the Powerpoint add-in
- SlideFab can now remove activated computers from the license server, freeing up the license for other machines.
Bugfixes / Improvements:
- Fixed a bug where an Excel table without formatting stopped the Excel table to be created at all
- Fixed a bug which stopped decomposition into multiple files by template
- Fixed a bug where Excel tables where slightly moved towards the bottom right corner as if they were copy pasted
- Ensured cleaning of the clipboard while running SlideFab
- Fixed the error message when running custom VBA code which appeared all the time - even when everything went fine
- Fixed a bug which led to an incorrect name when the template file was refreshed and the names were supposed to be taken from the template file